Card sorting is a simple technique in user experience design where a group of subject experts or "users", however inexperienced with design, are guided to generate a category tree or folksonomy. It is a useful approach for designing information architecture, workflows, menu structure, or web site navigation paths.
- Card sorting. Wikipedia.
- Improving Your Information Architecture With Card Sorting: A Beginner's Guide. Smashing Magazine.
- OptimalSort. Optimal Workshop.
- 10 Things to Know about Card Sorting. Measuring U.
- Card Sorting. Usability Body of Knowledge.
- Card sorting: a definitive guide. Boxes and Arrows.