Think-aloud protocol (or thinking aloud; also talk-aloud protocol) is a protocol used to gather data in usability testing in product design and development, in psychology and a range of social sciences (e.g., reading, writing, translation research, decision making, and process tracing).
- Thinking Aloud: The Number 1 Usability Tool. Nielsen Norman Group.
- Talking Out Loud Is Not the Same as Thinking Aloud. UX Matters.
- Think aloud protocol. Wikipedia.
- Does thinking aloud affect where people look?. Jeff Sauro, MeasuringU.
- Video: Understanding The Thinking Aloud Protocol For Website Usability Testing. Jeff Hecker, Athena Brand Wisdom.