Usability testing is the best way to understand how real users experience your website or application. Unlike interviews or focus groups that attempt to get users to accurately self-report their own behavior or preferences, a well-designed user test measures actual performance on mission-critical tasks.
- Usability Testing. Usability First.
- How to Conduct Usability Studies. Nielsen Norman Group.
- Turn User Goals into Task Scenarios for Usability Testing. Nielsen Norman Group.
- Running a Usability Test. Usability.gov.
- The Art of Guerrilla Usability Testing. UX Booth.
- Myth #22: Usability testing is expensive. UX Myths.