A panel of people discussing a specific topic or question. Teaches about the users’ feelings, opinions and even language. Useful when the target audience is new or unknown for the team.
- The Use and Misuse of Focus Groups. Nielsen Norman Group.
- User Interviews - The Beginner's Guide. The UX Review.
- How to Conduct User Interviews. Interaction Design Foundation.
- Focus groups - how to run them. Webcredible.
- How to Fix the 5 Most Common Mistakes with Focus Groups. UX Magazine.
- Contextual interview. Usability.gov